Concert in the park

15&22 Jan 2011

On my last trip into the city I picked up a free magazine for tourists which included an impressive list of festivals in Sydney. I figured I didn't want to miss the festivals which only happen once a year. I noticed a free concert in the park on a Saturday evening and found out Yariv's friends were going, so he and Rach invited me along.



We arrived about half an hour before the show was going to begin, but already the park was teeming with people. There was a Mexican theme with Los-Lobos as the feature band. The Domain, (the park) was covered with people lounging on blankets with spreads of picnics and drinks. We stayed until the end of the night when Los-Lobos played their hit cover of  “La Bamba”. We were all up and dancing. The long warm evening reminded me of Austin. I couldn't help but think Aaron will love Sydney with all it's parks, warm weather, outdoor swimming, free concerts etc.




I enjoyed the festival so much I decided to go again to the Shakespeare symphony the following week. This time Shirley and Joe met me there. I had a lot of fun meeting Joe and catching up with Shirley about the past seven years!




Comments

sly said…
That DOES sound like Austin -- we also like the weekly Summer in the Park concerts in San Marcos. And you two will make the most of it--great!!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton