Shanghai Museum of Art

17 January 2011

Meredith had some parent-teacher conferences to attend to so I was on my own for the day. In the mid-morning chill I caught the metro down to People's Square where there are a profusion of museums.


I decided on the Shanghai Museum of Art. Ironically, for quite some time now, Jean has been talking about going to an art museum. Pity. Upon entering, with it's lofty ceilings and neat, minimalist architecture, the museum had every appearance of its western counterparts. The striking difference were my fellow museums visitors snapping madly away with cameras and phones in blatant disregard for the clearly marked signs forbidding such activity. However, the docents didn't seemed concerned with so I furtively took a few pictures myself.
People's Square

Nostalgia mixed with fear

The Artist's workshop

More of the artist's workshop

And more

Note that I was just in the the museum of Art. The museum of contemporary art was next door.






Comments

sly said…
Nice museum! Did you go to see the contempory art, too? Has Jean got to see HER art museum, yet, perhaps in Sydney?
Jean said…
Not yet! But the days are a bit cooler in Sydney now (it's autumn/fall) and we're now within walking distance of the museum, so I'm sure we'll go soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton