To Pack or Not to Pack: A Clothing Accounting

September 20, 2010

Life on the road means living out of a backpack.  Back in March I put together a detailed packing list that I thought at the time on the minimalist side. You can see it here.

However, As time goes by the possessions you lug around become more and more onerous. The worth of a lot of those items I thought so essential while happily creating a spread sheet in the air conditioned comfort of my own home have paled after numerous sticky and sweaty transits.

As Jean and I have slowly meandered our way east we've gradual shed clothing and other articles from our packs. Four months in here is what I've winnowed my wardrobe down to.

Clothing Accounting:
USA Rugby Ball Cap
Blue polyester polo shirt
Brown cotton S/S plaid shirt
Gray synthetic blend T-shirt
Brown cotton trousers
Black synthetic blend shorts
Khaki synthetic blend swim trunks
Brown leather belt
Cotton boxers (6)
Dark, synthetic crew socks (5 pairs)
Teva sport sandals
Black rubber flip flops
Leather sandals (They're nice looking but uncomfortable and I hardly wear them. I keep them for sentimental reasons as I had to haggle for 45 minutes at the train station in Columbo for them)

Comments

sly said…
Was something missing from the list? With which shoes do you wear the dark socks?
Andrew said…
Develop some calluses on your feet and you can get rid of all your shoes. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton