Shiver me Timbers!

More aquatic adventures for Jean and me this morning but not the fun kind. We woke around 4am to a very soft, very persistent knocking.

"That's not our door is it?" Jean asked.

I got up and stuck my head out of our bedroom door. "Yeah, I think it is."

I rustled around in my drawer for a t-shirt and padded out into the living room. The air was balmy and the windows had fogged up. "Just a moment," I said as I wrestled on my shirt. Opening the front door I was met by a gangly young man with long blonde hair. The man spoke with a Nordic accent. He apologized for the early call. "I felt a drip-drip-drip." he said, "Is the leak coming from your apartment or the one above."

Flipping on the overhead light I turned around to see a dark stain advancing across the carpet. "I think it's coming from ours." Squishing around the corner to the kitchen I sloshed into the a sea of tepid water that covered the kitchen floor. Hisses and gurgles emanated from a panel beside the fridge where I assumed the hot water heater was hidden. I confirmed his suspicions and Jean and I set to work doing some damage control.




 

Comments

sly said…
Thank goodness you are renting! Calling maintenance!! Terrible way to wake up, though!
M and D said…
Sweeping up water in a dust pan?!?
Hope that the problem is soon sorted out.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton