Climbing followed by Clovelly

A while ago our friend Shirley got us interested in indoor rock-climbing...
Aaron and I getting ready

Shirley showing us how it's done


Me climbing. This place has the highest climbing walls of any indoor gym in Australia


Aaron's picking it up pretty quickly (tall, strong and not afraid of heights helps!)
We've since persuaded some more friends to try it...
Well done Rach!
 In December I even had my birthday there!
Thanks everyone for coming



Me on the icicle

Shirley belaying



Aaron! I don't think you can go any further!


It was a great way to spend my birthday, we started the day climbing with Archie, Jen, Jane, Frederic and Shirley. Then in the afternoon the sun came out beautifully, so Archie, Jen, Aaron and I headed to Clovelly for a picnic, snorkeling, frisbee and fun beach time. This made for a fabulous day out and best of all was spending it with friends.

Clovelly is a long inlet which makes for great snorkeling, sheltered from the waves.
Entrance to Clovelly

I'll admit that it was more fun than my birthday last year, even though that was rather exotic getting to visit a palace in Cambodia A right royal birthday, December 2010 (Our travels were some of the best experiences of my life, but not everyday is the dream holiday!)

Comments

sly said…
So glad you enjoyed it! (I don't have a fear of heights--I have a fear of FALLING!!!!) Thanks for sharing some great pix! How high is that wall???
Jean said…
Thanks! I read somewhere the walls are 11-16m (~40-60ft). Actually I think it's the largest indoor climbing center in Oz 2900m2 of climbing walls.
M and D said…
We loved seeing the photos. I had not realised how high the climbing wall is! The bay looked very beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton