Than Thong Waterfall

"For legs good. Two legs better"
- Animal Farm

My Ride

11 October 2010

In south east Asia, two wheels seems to be the way go. Capable of toting whole families, merchandise, livestock, the 110cc motor scooter is a versatile workhorse.

Excepting, our nightly dinner forays at Cherai beach it had been a while since I had been on a motorized set of wheels. Foreseeing some scootering in our future I thought it best to get reacquainted. While Jean was taking an internet job (sic) search day I decided to rent one of these steeds and take it out for a spin. At the cost of $6 for the rental and another $2 for petrol I was on my way to Than Thong waterfall some 75 kilometers away.
The open road. Most Thai roads are well paved and not busy

It proved a good refresher and the waterfall was nice too. We're in transit tomorrow following the Mekong to a little village called Kham Pia.

The Mekong River

Than Thong Waterfall



 



Comments

sly said…
So beautiful! Your dad and I used to enjoy motorcycling the back roads...where the cown look surprised as we motor by.
Unknown said…
The paved roads look good.The dirt roads in Africa were very corrugated. Which side do they drive on in Thailand?

Popular posts from this blog

Black Soldier Fly Larva Harvester

Roundwood Building Workshop

Apartment Homesteading: Growing Sprouts in a Milk/Juice Carton